Motorcycle purchase & buy back
IF IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE YOU'VE CHECKED OUT THIS PAGE, YOU'LL SEE WE'VE CHANGED ALOT OF THINGS!! PURCHASE PRICES ARE A BIT HIGHER BECAUSE WE'VE ADDED MORE EXTRAS ON THE BIKES AS PART OF THE BASE PREP !!
The most popular service we offer is to purchase new motorcycles for you here in Peru, prep them for your trip, and have all the paperwork, license plate and insurance papers done for you by the time you arrive. The paperwork we do ahead of time for you so when you arrive only takes a signature to change it over to your name (a requirement to cross borders) instead of the normal 4 to 5 weeks. Then you can be on your way!
We may have used motos (MADE NEW) for sale too, THESE ARE ALL READY TO GO should you make your decision at the last moment!!
The 'BUY-BACK' program works like this: You purchase one of the new or made-new motorcycles from the chices below. Go on your epic trip and when you bring it back to us in Huanuco, Peru, we offer to purchase it back from you for an agreed UNLIMITED TIME BUY BACK price (see details of buy back agreement by clicking button below).
The best part is that the BUY BACK price stays the same, no matter how long you have it or how many Kms you put on it!
YOUR bike in YOUR name to cross borders or do with as you wish during and after your ride! If you bring it back to us you can get the better part of your investment back! Even though AROUND THE BLOCK MOTO ADVENTURES has the lowest moto rental costs in Peru, this method of you BUYING the bike and then SELLING it back to us comes out costing you SO MUCH LESS then what you would pay if you rented, or you paid to ship your own bike to South America (and back)!
Although we are willing to purchase and prep any new bike available in Peru, we ONLY buy back those models which are shown below. However, if you do come back to us with the model we don't normally use, we WILL sell your motorcycle for you (10% commission), so you don't have to lose time in a foriegn country trying to get your best price.
We have had VERY GOOD experience (once prepped by us) with these 250cc Chinese bikes:
SUMO TORQUE 250/285
SUMO TEKKEN 250/270
RONCO X-TERRA 250/270
CROSS TRITON 200/250/270
There are NO Chinese bikes over 300cc (yet available in Peru).
We have now prepared 33 of these bikes for foriegners who have ridden them as far as the tip of Chile/Argentina and back, some of them 2-up with luggage! So we know they are reliable and can do the job, even at high altitude!
our 'used' motos
Our 'used' motorcycles are ALMOST NEW !! We do a COMPLETE FRAME & ENGINE TEARDOWN & BUILDUP on them just like we do to a new one.
NEW QUALITY TIRES, NEW BRAKES, NEW WHEEL BEARINGS, NEW DRIVE, REBUILT SUSPENSION, REFRESHED ENGINE, and often even NEW PLASTIC !!
These sell for $300 LESS than a 'new' one, and don't require the 4-5 weeks to get all the paperwork & license plate !! They are READY TO GO as soon as you are !!
On a monthly basis we will update the availablity and price of the NEW motorcycles here in Peru (price can vary from month to month due to the USD/sole exchange). The prices stated here include:
- Full Trip Prep of motorcycle including short break-in period so that you can load it as soon as you arrive and not worry about that. We break them in with MOTUL 3000 organic oil, then switch to MOTUL 7100 Full Synthetic.
- We remove the low quality fork oil and replace it with the BelRay 10W Fork Oil.
- Remove the steering neck, lubricate and correctly adjust the bearings.
-O Ring chain and best ratio sprocket and pinion(s) for the riding you will do in South America. We even include an extra smaller front pinion for if you want to switch and go trail riding.
-Carburator jetted correctly for altitudes you will be traveling and load you will be carrying for the gasoline you will find on your travels so you NEVER have to change jets during your whole trip!
-Every frame nut and bolt removed (many replaced with better quality bolts), Locke-Tite'd and installed with correct torque. In many cases we will replace (or add to) the standard nut with a nylon insert nut to avoid loosening.
-The thin Steel Rims that come on the TORQUE and TRITON models are replaced with more solid aluminum rims and spokes torqued correctly, so you will not have wheel issues on your ride.
- The TRITON, TORQUE, and X-TERRA come with soft motocross style tires that will wear fast, vibrate and limit your speeds on pavement. We include the price of a choice of good PIRELLI, METZLER, or DURO tires geared to your trip style.
- These bikes come some with no rack at all and others just a postage stamp sized rack that is cantilevered off the rear of the frame, limiting your load and possibly breaking the rear of the frame. We build a solid rear rack to 30cm x 35cm with reinforcing triagulization to the rear footpeg mounts, painted & installed.
- Aluminum/Plastic TUSK barkbuster style handguards. There WILL be falls ! Protect your hands in spills or traffic ! Even the bike falling over in soft soil and breaking one of the levers can be critical !
- Spring loaded shift lever. The shift lever that comes stock on these models is solid and short, making it hard to shift with a riding boot. And a solid shifter, in a fall, can bend in and break a hole in the case. We replace the stock shift lever with a longer spring loaded one.
- Aftermarket exhaust. The TORQUE, TRITON, TORNADO and CRF250L get an after market exhaust to aid flow and air/fuel mix especially at altitude.
-All paperwork costs, (including the cost to tranfer into your name when you arrive, and even when you sell it back to us), license plate and Peruvian SOAT insurance (1 year) required by law. When you arrive the transfer of ownership process will take less than 1 hour and then you will be ready to ride away and even cross international borders!
The 'EXTRAS' are over and above the prices below of the 'Regular Prep' of the motorcycle, but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to get the most out of your trip!
- Side racks for YOUR saddlebags. We custom build these to your needs. $82 to $95 depending on size (painted & installed).
- Front rack. This is a small rack above the front headlight and bolts to the front forks. You can carry a light sleeping bag, tent or bed roll (to give you more seat room), or a small pack for gear/papers/snacks/camera you need to get at along the ride. Easy to remove yourself when just going out for a joy ride! Also protects your headlight in a fall. $25 (installed).
- Aluminum handlebars. Yes, some of the Chinese bikes DO vibrate a bit, but the aluminum handlebars take most of that out that your hands don't fall asleep so easily. $47 PRO TORK (installed).
- Aluminum handlebar risers. Are you tall and/or you like to ride standing? These solid aluminum 30mm risers make for a MUCH more comfortable ride! $30 (installed).
- Wide pegs. These provide extra comfort for your feet, especially when standing up! $22 (custom built), $66 (factory).
- 12v/USB outlet on the handlebars. Easily plug in your GPS and/or phone while you ride! Also great access for your electric air pump without removing panels to get to the battery! $28 (installed).
- Rimlocks. Again, if you plan on doing much gravel road or sand riding, then these are a MUST so you can run lower tire pressures, yet the tire doesn't spin on the rim ripping out your inner tube valve! $36 (both, rims prepped to receive them & installed).
- Better battery. The battery on the TRITON (being small) sometime only lasts a few months. We recommend an MGM brand better quality battery. $25 (installed)
- Heavy Duty Clutch. Depending on your load and riding route, you may want to consider us installing a Heavy Duty Clutch in your TORQUE or TRITON model for only $65 (installed).
2017 new moto prices
(copy of the honda crf230, better rear suspension than the Sumo Torque 250 and has rear hydraulic brake)
*NEW* CROSS TRITON 200cc: $2,516 usd
*USED/MADE NEW* CROSS TRITON 200cc: $2,216 usd
(UNLITIMED TIME & KMS BUY BACK: $1,040 USD)
Although this model comes only as a 200cc,
we can also build this one into a 251cc for additional power!!
*NEW* CROSS TRITON 251cc: $2,829 USD
*USED/MADE NEW* CROSS TRITON 251cc: $2,529 USD
(UNLITIMED TIME & KMS BUY BACK: $1,353 USD)
engine w/ counter balance shaft for less vibration !
*new* ronco x-terra 250cc: $2,631 usd
*USED/MADE new* x-terra 250cc: $2,331 usd
(UNLITIMED TIME & KMS Buy Back: $1,154 USD)
UPGRADE TO A 282CC FOR MORE POWER !
*new* ronco x-terra 282cc: $2,831 usd
*USED/MADE new* x-terra 250cc: $2,531 usd
(UNLITIMED TIME & KMS Buy Back: $1,316 USD)
UPGRADE FROM 17 & 19 INCH WHEELS 18 & 21 INCH WHEELS
FOR ONLY AN ADDITIONAL $195 !
(BOOST THE Buy Back BY: $118 USD)
copy of the honda xr250 tornado
*new* SUMO Torque 250cc : $2,609 USD.
*USED/MADE new* SUMO Torque 250cc : $2,309 USD.
(UNLITIMED TIME & KMS Buy Back: $1,133 USD)
The advantage of this model is that we can build the engine
up to a 285cc increasing about 4 HP !!
*new* SUMO Torque 285cc: $2,851 usd.
*USED/MADE new* SUMO Torque 285cc : $2,551 USD.
(UNLITIMED TIME & KMS Buy Back: $1,285 USD)
Made in the style of the KTM 200/390 duke and with an engine copy of the honda crf230 with 6 speeds!
(lowest seat height of all the models)
*NEW* sumo tekken 250cc: $2,645 usd
*USED/MADE NEW* tekken 250cc: $2,345 usd
(UNLITIMED TIME & KMS Buy Back: $1,079 USD)
One advantage of this model is that we can build the engine up from the 223cc it is to a 270cc increasing engine size 21% and about 4 HP !!
*NEW* sumo tekken 270cc: $2,850 usd
*USED/MADE NEW* tekken 270cc: $2,550 usd
(UNLITIMED TIME & KMS Buy Back: $1,202 USD)
TEKKEN 250 SPECIFICATIONS CLIC HERE
NEW MODEL !! 4-VALVE, 6 SPEED 250CC ZONTES
*NEW* ZONTES 250CC : $3,777 USD
Includes Bark-Buster Handguards and new 50/50 tires
(UNLIMITED TIME & KMS BUY BACK: $1,941)
(watercooled and fuel injected!)
RACKS AND CASES COME AS PART OF THE NEW BIKE!
*new* zongshen rx-3 250cc : $4,348 usd
(UNLITIMED TIME & KMS Buy Back: $2,422 USD)
*new* honda xr250 tornado: $5,781 usd
(UNLITIMED TIME & KMS Buy Back: $ 3,765 USD)
*USED/MADE NEW* 2010 XR250 TORNADO: $3,200 USD